Important information for our members
Jobs Hub – connecting increased job opportunities
- While many businesses have been adversely affected by COVID-19, there are some areas of the economy which have an increased demand for workers. This includes jobs in health and care sectors, transport and logistics, some areas of retail, mining and mining services, manufacturing, agriculture and government sectors, among others. Find out more
Early access to superannuation
- Eligible individuals will be able to apply online to access up to $10,000 of their superannuation before 1 July 2020. Click here for more information
Travel ban on all foreigner arrivals starting Friday 20 March 2020 9PM
- From 9pm AEDT 20 March 2020, only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia.
- All travelers to Australia are required to self-isolate for 14 days, either at home or in a hotel. Click here for more information.
Australians are advised to not travel overseas at this time
- All people entering Australia must self-isolate for 14 days.
- Click here for more information.
I am here in Australia
CBHS International Health is committed to providing you with the necessary information to help you make the right choices during the COVID-19 health emergency.
Across the cooler months, you may experience flu-like symptoms. Can you tell if you have a cold, flu or COVID-19? Here is the chart showing the different symptoms.
Please follow these steps if you are displaying these symptoms:
If you are showing symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a fever, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, and/or suspect you may have COVID-19, you need to seek medical attention.
What to do?
^Please refer to your level of health cover for eligibility, service limits, benefits and any applicable waiting periods.
FAQs correct as of 23 March 2020. As this is a rapidly evolving situation, the details below may change or be updated. Please refer back to this page regularly.
What should I do if I suspect I have COVID-19?
If you suspect you have COVID-19, you can contact the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 to discuss your symptoms first. Or contact our virtual doctors* who will advise you if you need to get tested**. These services are provided by Qoctor and Instant Consult.
Please do not go to the hospital unless it is on the advice of your doctor. Contact the hospital first before you arrive if you believe you need to attend a hospital for treatment.
Am I covered if I contract COVID-19 and need to go to hospital for treatment?
If you think you have symptoms for COVID-19 a doctor will determine if you should be tested. If it is confirmed that you have COVID-19 it is important that you follow the doctor’s advice. If the doctor recommends hospitalisation you will be covered for the admission and treatment as per your policy.
Will I incur out-of-pocket expenses if I need to get tested for COVID-19?
If you are on OSHC or Overseas Worker Mid Hospital and Medical or Overseas Worker Top Hospital and Medical health policy, you are covered for pathology tests up to 100% of MBS fee, except for services where an exclusion applies.
If you are on Overseas Worker Base Hospital health cover, you are not covered and need to pay for any pathology tests you may require.
My visa expires soon and I was due to return home but I am now unable to return home – what do I do?
If your visa is expiring soon, refer to Australia Government Department of Home Affairs to view your options. You must have a valid visa to stay in Australia. It is unlawful to stay in Australia without a valid visa.
Let us know of your plans change so we can extend your health policy to ensure you are covered in the event you need it.
I have purchased OVHC and OSHC and still overseas
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 outbreak which has impacted immigration, travel, quarantine and commencement dates at educational institutions. Please refer to the frequently asked questions below regarding your recently purchased health cover policy.
I am unable to travel to Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. What can I do about my studies?
Reach out to your education provider to discuss whether you can defer your studies or complete the learning through distance education (online learning).
The Australian Government has compiled a list of universities and several education providers and their response to COVID-19.
For further information about changes to your student visa visit the Department of Home Affairs.
If you have deferred your studies or need to change the start date of your policy, who can you contact to amend the commence date?
Depending on where you have purchased your OVHC or OSHC will determine who you should contact.
- If you purchased your OSHC or OVHC through an agent, please contact them directly to discuss updating your policy start and end date.
- If you purchased your OSHC for OVHC from our website, you can change the dates of your policy by contacting us on the details below.
*You may need to pay upfront. Keep the receipt to claim for benefit. Benefit of 100% of Qoctor and Instant Consult cost up to $35.
**Pathology benefit of 100% of MBS fee.